Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Making Something Good

out of something really bad.
Yup, that's what this is. It's so much better to do, don't you think?

So, please promote this fundraiser! On the sidebar is an image and also some text that you may use to promote this fundraiser. Remember, that all of the money goes directly from Cafe Press to the National Military Family Association, Inc. None of it will ever come to this shopkeeper!

Someone asked WHY the NMFA? I looked up several veterans organizations on Charity Navigator, and NMFA kept coming up. It's a four star charity, which means it spends most of its money on its mission of helping military families through stressful times.

84% of its budget goes to program expenses, with only 5.4% to adminstration and 10.6% to fundraising. Plus, I noted the both the COO and Executive Director only haul in salaries in the low thirties. I was also wowed by their Operation Purple, which sends kids whose parents have been deployed to summer camp.

So I made the decision on a Saturday night. I found their EIN number, entered it into the payee info on the Cafe Press Shopkeeper's site, and opened the doors to the cafe. And then on Monday, I called the NMFA. I left a message --no name. There is no need. What's important is that they know people are behind them.

No comments:

 

Free Traffic Counter
Sierra Trading Post Coupons